A Great Day

Left school today halfway at about 1 plus... Cause have to go Suntec City to pass the Water Baptism forms to the City Harvest Church office before 17 00. Was a long way... Cause I took 187 to the post office in Bukit Panjang to help XiaoShi get her clothes. After that i went to take 960 to Suntec City... whole day i was alone physically, but spiritually God was with me, he showed me alot of things today. After passing up the Water Baptism form, I went to Popluar bookstore and started picking up christian books to read.... I was in the book shop for a very long time. Learned a lot from the books but were confused over some of the things. Haha.... Nevermind... God will let me understand it when the time comes. However, the most important part of the day was called "Waiting for the bus". There are two parts in it. The story goes like this...

First Part- Prayer
Was at Jurong East, went to the a particular bus stop and look at the board that shows where which particular buses go to. I found out that 178 is the only one that reach Boon Lay interchange which my destination. However, I waited very long for the bus. As i see the other buses appearing not tiwce but thrice to the bus stop, i grew impatient and just wish that I can just that any bus to reach my destination... Suddenly God spoke to me...

God: Jonathan... Pray for the bus to come...
Me: Huh? You sure? Bus also need to pray? It will come sooner or later... No need la...
God: Ask and you shall receive...

But, I was abit reluctant and did not pray about it, i continued to wait. Time passes by, the bus still did not come. Soon I was thinking to myself, "pray also no harm..." So i decided to pray for the bus. "God, let the next bus that come to the bus stop be 178.” Amazingly... the 178 reached in less then 10 seconds after I prayed. I was like... Wah! And if you all have took 178 before, normally it is abit lousy type of bus. But this one 178 is the better one, more comfortable seats and better air conditioning. So friends... Pray for even the little things, God will give you more then what you pray for. I only prayed for a normal 178, God give me a much more better one. He exceeds my expectations. =)

Second Part- God's Promises
I then boarded the bus that God gave me. =) And then I started thinking about waiting for the bus. It is like during certain point of my life I was waiting for something that God promises.

-The board that show which particular buses go to is like The Bible.

The Board states that only 178 can reached my destination and no other buses could get me there.
The Bible contain God's words that tell you certain things to do and not to do to obtain God's Promises. There are times that there is only one way you can get it. (eg. Jesus is the only way to eternal life.)

-Waiting for the bus is like waiting for something that God have promise you.
-The other buses that came were like temptations.

During certain point of time I feel like going up to any bus that came and hoping that I could get to my destination, if I have done that I will not reach my destination. I waited and the bus that could get me to my desintation finally came, and it is a much more better bus then I expected.
At points of time, there will be temptations to lead you off the path that God have prepare you for the things he intended to give you. If you fell into the temptations, you would not have reach where God intended you to be. But if you be patient and preserve to the end, God will give you more than what he promised.

So... Moral of the story is... Constantly read the Bible, be sure of the path that God have set for you and know what is the right and wrong thing to do. What God intend for you is never easy, it requires preservence and patient. But if you do what God told you to do, at the end of waiting, the rewards will be more than what you expected. And not to mention Prayer is the key to everything!

All the hurt inside you have learn to hide so well...

0 comments:

About Me

About Me
Jonathan
Male
Republic Polytechnic
05 Feb 1990
Christian